I am going to give you some very practical ways that you can live fulfilled in 2018 and know that you did what God was asking you to do this year.
- One of the Scriptures that the Lord gave me was Psalm 18. I want to encourage you to read that when you can. David begins the chapter basically saying, “I passionately love the Lord”. David was truly a man after God’s own heart!
- The single most important thing you can do this year is learn to abide in His presence (John 15). The Lord shared with me that when we abide, that’s when we arrive. We don’t arrive to perfection obviously, but we arrive to new places in Him and His purpose for us in 2018.
- We must learn in this hour (it’s crucial) to walk and live in the Spirit. Galatians 5:16 teaches us to walk in the Spirit and we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. The more we walk in tandem with the Spirit, the greater the move of God in our lives in 2018.
- Read the story again about Mary and Martha in Luke 10. Those who have a Martha mentality are some of the most unsatisfied, complaining people in church. If they are not DOING they are not happy. They don’t seem to understand that the greatest joy we have has Christians is sitting at the feet of Jesus. Yes, we are to do things for God in 2018, but the DOING must coming from the joy, passion and love of sitting first at His feet.
- Read 1 Corinthians 13 again and remember the fruit of love.
- As Hebrews 12:1 says, lay aside this year (once and for all) everything that is weighing you down and any sin that has not been dealt with. Repent and move in God!
- God is NOT finished with you! He has begun a good work in you since the day you were born (Phil. 1:6) and has great, great plans for your life (Jer. 29:11-13)!
- Live in the moment this year. Not for the moment but in the moment. Enjoy all the things that God has put in front of you. Each moment is special and you will never have that moment again. Live in the moment.
In 2018, make it a priority to love Jesus deeply, love others authentically, forgive quickly and obey the Lord wholeheartedly. If this is all you do this year, it will be the greatest year that you have ever had in your life.
You are loved!
Ryan Bruss, Director